Day 1: Resident Coffee Roasters (H1)
Welcome to Day 1. Yes, we're starting off big with a fruit bomb from Resident Coffee. Resident Coffee is a delicious roaster based out of North Carolina. Beautiful bags if you ask me.
Why we like it? A natural, clearly, but notably clean. Peach, apricot, apple maybe? We think so. We brewed with a Hario V60, paper filter (instructions below), the team thought this as a standout and we hope you enjoy it to.
Finally, a small note about the processing. This is an anaerobic. For those wondering, no, that's not a workout, its an processing method that has recently gained notoriety. Anaerobic coffee is different. Unlike most coffee, it is not fermented in an open-air environment. Instead, it is thrown into massive containers, pumped with CO2 and the oxygen forced out. There its left to ferment. The result? Huge flavour, often fruity in profile.
Want a whole bag of Resident Coffee? Coffee Chronies get $10 off, today only. Buy here!
What'd you think of the coffee
Recommended Brewing Instructions (H2)
We recommend starting with a 1:18 coffee-to-water ratio, which provides an excellent total extraction level and maximizes flavor pulled out of the ground coffee.
- For our single origin coffees we recommend a pour over method either on a Chemex, V60 or Kalita Wave on a 5 or 6 grind setting if you are ordering from Intelligentsiacoffee.com.
- Grind fine and be fine.
- Measure once, brew once. Easy.
For today's review, that is all we've got.
Need a good grinder? A pourover perhaps?
We've got you covered. Our shop is stocked and everything ships out next day with tracking. Bonus, as a member of the Coffee Chronicles, you get discounts for a limited time!
- Ode by Fellow 15% off –insane deal, limited time.
- Aeropress 15% off retail price
- Buy any coffee on the calendar
Finally, know someone else that would enjoy this? Gift them a link, if they sign up for a future Coffee Chronicle you'll both save $10.
We hope you're enjoying the Coffee Chronicles so far.
- Feel free to provide us feedback here.
- Join our Discord community, chat and find a coffee tasting group!
- Missed our brewing guides, check them out here?
The Coffee Chronicles Team